Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vacations and Temptations

So, I haven't been able to write much because I've been on vacation here in Cape Cod. But...I got some down time alone so I thought I would write a new blog post! The thing I have been struggling with most being here is nutrition. I bought a gym membership so that is not the tough part. It IS tough when there are so many yummy restaurants everywhere!! Luckily, I am staying at a house with a kitchen and everything, so most meals I eat healthy, homemade meals. But for me, even if I just eat out one meal, it takes HOURS for me to feel better afterwards. I end up feeling sick the rest of the night if I go out to eat for dinner. In a way, this is kind of a "blessing" I guess you could say, because it will prevent me from eating bad in the future. I just have to keep telling myself, "is this yummy food going to really be worth the sick feeling later on??" That being said, there are also times when you may not be able to completely control WHERE you eat. There are times when you just want to go out to eat, or your family does, etc. So, there are ways you can EAT HEALTHY at restaurants! For example, I went to this little cafe yesterday. I got a Chai tea and chicken salad sandwich. The bread was not gluten free and there was probably too much mayo in the chicken salad. I should have known it would not do well with me! (I am sensitive to gluten) I need to make better choices--- I could have easily just ordered a chicken salad with no dressing! There are ways around everything and making better choices is the key to success. Don't let food or hunger control your mind and body! 


Keep Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment