Monday, July 2, 2012

My First Blog Ever!

     Hi everybody! Thanks for coming to my blog. :) I am currently a college student, a junior, majoring in Kinesiology. Throughout my life, I have been in love with gymnastics, running, and cheerleading, and I was very goal-oriented with these obsessions of mine. Then, college began. I was allll on my own. My excess of financial aid allowed me to eat out practically EVERY DAY! I kept running at the gym the first few weeks of school, but that slowly tapered down. I joined a cheer team, but that got to be too expensive for a quickly dwindling college budget.  So, I pretty much did not exercise at all and ate whatever I wanted. This continued on my entire freshman year! Though I did not gain the “freshman 15,” I lost all my muscle and gained plenty of unhealthy fat. This is a great example of the concept of body composition. Although I was still my usual 105 pounds, it was not a healthy 105 pounds.  I just didn’t feel myself without my goals, exercising, and good nutrition. The summer after my freshman year… I entered a Summer Series Race, which included 6 races throughout out the summer. I also discovered…. WEIGHTS! One of the best things that’s ever happened to me.
             Another important thing about me is that, two years ago at the beginning of my freshman year, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Then, a couple months ago, I found out it was actually Hashimoto’s Disease, an autoimmune disorder. I will explain more about this in another post, but basically my body is attacking itself (the thyroid). I have had some interesting struggles with that! If anyone else has a thyroid disease, or any kind of disease, I would be very interested to know how you’ve been pushing through it!
            Now, as a junior in 2012, I decided to share the experiences I’ve had in being a student and making fitness a top priority, on my Facebook page, CollegeFit.  I want to be able to help people with the knowledge I’ve gained from being a Kinesiology major, all the reading I’ve done on fitness and nutrition, and my own personal experiences! I also would like this to be a type of journal where I can write down anything I’m feeling on a particular day or what I did on that day. Also, I would like anyone who wants to, to be able to ask me questions about health, nutrition, or anything. I love to help! J I do struggle with the journey of being healthy and fit, and I want this blog to keep me accountable and responsible for my actions.  Most importantly, I want to be able to look back and learn from my mistakes, as well as see how far I’ve come! J I have many goals that I will share with you all as time goes by. I hope you enjoyed this blog, and keep reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment